Learning Of Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapies have become an important part of the battle to stay clean since they've encouraged many people to live healthier lives by changing their lifestyles.
The known techniques of overcoming addiction can be used to with holistic therapy which does not involve the use of medicine. The purpose of holistic recovery is to bring the spirit, body and mind into sync.
Nutrition, meditation and exercise are some of the methods utilized in rehabilitation centres that also provide holistic therapies.
Holistic therapy addresses the whole being of the patient including the physical, emotional and mental withdrawal symptoms.
Holistic Therapies May Include The Following
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Massage therapy
- Religious approach
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Overcoming Drug Dependency Using Holistic Therapy
The methods used for addiction recovery feature holistic therapy programs, which are personalised and non-medical. Holistic doctors treat not only symptoms of mental and physical addiction but also nutritional and emotional problems.
A recovering drug user may be experiencing lack of sleep, emotional problems and many other problems that can be treated using holistic therapy. The plans offered by holistic therapy are flexible and are catering for the requirements of every individual.
Among goals of holistic medicine are the following
- Getting to the root cause of the person's dependency on drugs
- Help the recovering user to better deal with their cravings
- Getting the person's body back in shape
- Give the patient their self-confidence back
- Make the use of drugs and alcohol less attractive to the user
Some Of The Practices Used In Holistic Treatment
Holistic therapy combines various aspects of robust living and also includes exercise and meditation.
Some Holistic therapies include
- Nutritional Therapy
- One can quickly get over the use of drugs when their bodies are well taken care of nutrition wise.
- Good nutrition will provide the recovering drug user with a change that they'll be able to see.
- It is not too late to start taking a good nutrition.
- Keeping The Body In Shape Technique
- Regular exercising helps the body learn to work with routine, reduces fatigue and gives strength to the body.
- Most holistic centres consider exercise as an important aspect on the treatment.
- The activities may vary from one centre to another but some holistic therapy centres are offering rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding or hiking.
- Engaging in mindful reflections also helps in recovering.
- Many holistic rehab programs feature guided meditation.
- Some meditation practices offered include yoga and tai chi to aid in remaining focused and clearing the mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- A massage is a great tool in helping one relax and relieve stress.
- Acupuncture is another method that is used to restore any imbalances to the body of an addict after an extended period of substance abuse.
Traditional treatment methods always provide the basis on which effective holistic treatment programs are designed. Quitting alcohol and other central nervous system (CNS) depressants can produce severe withdrawal symptoms that need professional medical supervision.
Holistic therapy may be used at the same time as
- Medically supervised detox
- Comprehensive medical care
- Private psychiatric counselling
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are also some of the effective strategies of stopping drug use.
Finding Holistic Therapy Facilities For Addiction Treatment
Lots of drug rehab treatment facilities include holistic therapy in the treatment of their in and outpatients. Holistic therapy is not a medical treatment and seeks to help the patient balance all areas of life; this works well with other treatment plans for addictions. Cognitive-behavioural therapy combines well with meditation and yoga sessions which can provide help for recovering addicts to manage stress levels. Relapses can be avoided by learning methods, which can help cope with emotional setbacks in a healthy manner.
All types of drug and alcohol addictions can be overcome by using the different techniques. You can find a treatment program that is designed based on your needs in many treatment centres near you.
Call us now on 0800 246 1509 to find a drug rehab centre which also offers holistic therapy.