Defining Experimential Therapy
Some recuperating addicts feel uncomfortable working through their issues in a conventional therapy setting. Experimential therapy takes fixation treatment into the workmanship studio, the outside and that's only the tip of the iceberg.
Exploratory treatments are first-hand, engrossing proceedings which aid recuperating users handle and manage previous agony.
Some recouping addicts might be uncomfortable conversing with specialists in a customary directing setting It is the objective of experimential therapies to provide recovering addicts the environments in which they are comfortable and these could include the outdoors, an art studio or a music studio.
Experimential therapy utilizes non traditional treatment settings to help addicts work through stifled sentiments and feelings.
Experimential therapy can include activities such as
- Mountain climbing
- Ropes courses
- Therapy through music
- Wilderness therapy
- Recreation therapy
- Adventure therapy
The purpose of this therapy is to encourage patients to deal with emotions that may have been buried by helping them to develop a stronger connection with their inner selves. Offering a different method to confront these emotions than taking drugs is the purpose of experimential therapy.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Experimential Therapy Utilised For Addiction Treatment
Addicts may need real challenges to defeat their issues, and that is what activities like climbing give them through the use of their whole physical strength. The patients can learn how to handle cravings and addiction triggers that they encounter on a daily basis with the help of Experimential therapy.
The disturbances that trigger the addictions are also treated by experimential therapy. Curing such conditions together with dependency could aid in diminishing psychological wellness connected pressure and provocations, decreasing the possibility of setback.
Experimential Therapy And Methods
In order to work on the unique issues of each addict, the experimential therapy uses specific activities to treat them.
Recuperating addicts might be less watched amid experimential therapy, taking into consideration more exact patient assessments for advisors and mental mending for addicts.
Experimential therapy can help to treat mental health problems such as
- Feelings of despair
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Unhealthy eating behaviours
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Other Treatments With Experimential Therapy
Experimential therapy combines well with other techniques of psychotherapy, including motivational enhancement therapy and cognitive-behavioural therapy in order to concentrate on changing any self-destructive behaviours. These exercises let recuperating users use the life skills they have learnt throughout therapy meetings in actual, direct settings.
Since withdrawal from many medications causes uncomfortable or even hazardous side effects, it's essential to start any treatment program with a therapeutic detox. Outpatient and residential rehabilitation schemes could equally cure abstinence signs throughout detoxification. Experimential therapy together with other therapies can thereafter be used to treat psychological withdrawal symptoms and other mental health conditions.
Experimential therapy is regularly utilized nearby customary recovery systems to make an extensive treatment program for recouping addicts.
Usual Methods Applied In Experimential Therapy Involve
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Utilising horses is a part of EAP or Equine Assisted Psychotherapy throughout the healing recuperation activities.
- But is not what many people can think at the beginning, the addicts will feed the horses, take them to walk, bond with them, they are not riding the horses.
- The different methods used by recovering addicts when interacting with the horses can provide insights about their mental and emotional states.
- EAP is helpful for recovering addicts to process their negative feelings or traumas which they may not recognise or address in other situations.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- EMDR is a treatment where patients envision a traumatic occasion while a specialist drives them through particular eye developments.
- EMDR has been demonstrated powerful in aiding those in recuperation lighten negative feelings and sentiments of pain that can prompt to substance manhandle.
- Adventure Therapy
- This treatment comprises of exercises in open areas like trekking, cycling, mountaineering, setting up camp, and rafting in wild waters.
- Recovering drug users can develop skills on working with others, solving problems and communication while in the groups provided in adventure therapy.
- Art Therapy
- Art therapy permits recuperating addicts to communicate using craftsmanship or music.
- When getting involved in artful activities patients can work through negative emotions, which can be stressful and learn to process them healthily.
Acquire The Full Cure You Are Entitled To
We can help you to find an addiction treatment program that will be just right for you. Other substance rehabilitation facilities are experts in exploratory treatments, having mountain climbing walls, workshops, as well as obstacle courses within their areas. You can now get the medical and therapeutic help you need to overcome your substance addiction in many treatment centres in the country call us on 0800 246 1509.