Common Questions People Ask Concerning Treatment At Rehab Facilities
Admitting to an addiction and deciding to go to treatment are exceptionally difficult first steps to recovery. Fear of the unknown usually keeps many away as they are not sure of how they will fare throughout the treatment programme. Here are solutions to a considerable lot of the inquiries you may have about the addiction rehabilitation process.
The more you know regarding addiction rehabilitation - such as what to anticipate when starting a treatment programme, the duration of the programme, and costs linked with the programme - the less challenging your road to recovery can be.
What Is Addiction Rehab?
For people struggling with addiction, rehabs treatment programs are designed to help. In rehab, addict's work at having a sober, happy life.
What Recovery Treatment Entails
A recovery programme is customised to meet the requirements of each patient. This for the most part includes some mix of detoxification (detox), gathering and individual substance manhandle treatment, backslide aversion instruction, and aftercare arranging before program finish keeping in mind the end goal to keep up long haul moderation.
- Detoxification Detox is one of the most essential preliminary parts of the addiction rehab for many. Amid detox, the body frees itself of the harmful impacts of drugs or liquor. Whilst the detoxification experience will differ significantly according to the particular kind and frequency of substance used, several substance withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable, if not threatening. Legitimate treatment in a medicinally regulated detox program can ease the inconvenience and dangers related with the detox procedure.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After the detoxification has been completed, rehabilitation continues with different behavioural therapeutic interventions. In rehabilitation, an individual takes part in one-on-one and/group therapy sessions to identify and deal with the underlying reasons of his/her dependency. In treatment, individuals learn how to identify stressful situations and triggers so they can learn the skills to stay sober and prevent a relapse.
- Aftercare Towards the end of the treatment programme and before leaving the inpatient facility, the recovering addict will work with the therapists on a workable follow-up schedule that will help keep them from relapsing. The monitoring plan will involve joining support groups, continuing treatment, drug-free living environment.
What Is The Time Required For Recovery?
There isn't a predetermined period of time that applies to everyone who enters rehab. Some recovery centres do run 30-day rehabilitation programmes. But prolonged treatment programs like 60 day, 90 day or longer term residential treatment or inpatient treatment programs to ensure unbroken recovery may be the best for some people. While deciding the proper length of treatment, treatment experts will give consideration to the history and seriousness of the addiction, particular substances use, any co-happening medicinal, mental, or behavioural health conditions and the physical, mental, emotive, social, traditional and spiritual needs of the person.
Researches showed that those individuals who spend three months or longer in therapeutic programs have better rates of long haul sobriety. A longer programme gives you the chance to concentrate on the behaviours and root reasons behind your dependency, and also gives you more time to work on behaviour that will lead to sober living.
Is Addiction Cured By Rehab?
There is no cure for dependence; however it can be overseen successfully. The completion of the rehabilitation programme by the patient does not consummate the alcohol and drug addiction recovery, no matter how long it lasts. To recover from drug use is a continuous, long-term procedure. To manage a dependency requires being taught how to go through everyday life without using and calls for commitment and difficult work.
Addiction Recovery Versus Addiction Rehabilitation
During rehab, patients are taught how to get over the intense yearnings for drug and overcome the desire and threats of setback. Patients also learn skills to equip them for daily life without the drugs and how to relate to individuals or circumstances that had an impact or made it possible for the substance intake to start.
To live long without the substance, the recovery may include continuous counselling in a group or as individual as well as participation in the twelve step recovery programme or group therapy. Involving themselves in extra activities work for some people in helping with recovery. Some of these activities might include art, music, yoga, or meditation.
A lot of successful treatment programs will have their own follow up care or will work with patients to figure out the best aftercare plan before leaving treatment in order to support the best chance at long term recovery. Those who take part in after-care programmes are more likely to succeed and avoid relapsing, studies have indicated.
What If I Relapse?
Relapse should always be regarded as one of the stumbling blocks to be uprooted in the bid to defeat addiction completely, and not as a failure. A relapse can be seen as a chance to reassess where you are and to get back into a program to get the support you need to continue on being sober.
In some cases, the patients will only record success in their healing journey after they must have stayed in rehab for up to two different occasions. Rehab provides and equips the addict with tools necessary to overcome addiction and remain sober, but, the individual is the only one who can control their addiction.
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
Addiction rehab programmes can differ significantly when it comes to cost. There are those who provide five-star treatment to their patients and end up charging more to cover the extra amenities, staff and so on.
Inpatient offices tend to cost more than outpatient treatment programs as they give patients treatment, dinners, hotel and exercises. The outpatient facilities offer different types of programs - such as group or personal counselling sessions every week, intensive outpatient programs, and free meetings of support groups that are properly organised.
Among the things that can alter the charges of rehab are
- Amenities provided - Services may include special gourmet diets, private accommodation, animal-assisted therapy, alternative medicine, massage, and yoga.
- Duration of Programme - The amount of time one will spend in the programme also affects the cost of the rehab. The duration of time that is advisable for your long term treatment will be deliberated on with your counsellor when you are being accepted into the programme.
- Location - Offices in sumptuous environment can cost more than customary treatment focuses. If the facility is far from home, travel expenses will also need to be considered.
- Kind of Program - An inpatient programme will frequently be more expensive than an outpatient programme as patients stay at the centre, which has medical and treatment specialists who work there at all times.
Rehab Costs Vs Addiction Costs
While rehab price may look prohibitive to some, the addiction itself has much more "costs." The cost of addiction may escalate because of
- Paying for the drugs themselves
- Time off work or loss of job
- Lawful fines
- Medical bills for physical or mental health issues that may come up because of addiction
Dependency will "cost" an individual in other manners as well, differing from the weakening of relationships to a state of unhappiness and bad health in general.
Is Insurance Welcomed?
Most rehabilitation programs do take insurance. Despite that, agreeableness of protection will differ as indicated by the specific facility. Your insurance plan might pay for only a part of your stay at the rehab, therefore it is key to study your particular insurance plan before being admitted to a drug rehabilitation programme.
Where insurance will not cover the total cost, you can negotiate alternative payment plan options. The program may offer sliding scale instalment alternatives or financing arrangements to make the cost more reasonable.
Is It Better To Get Treatment Close To Home Or Far Away?
Numerous people looking for recovery go to a recovery office far from their home. This is advantageous in certain instances as it removes the user from his/her home setting where he/she abused alcohol or drugs.
In such a decidedly separate setting, the individuals who attend rehabilitation can completely concentrate on their dependency problems, free of any external diversions/ temptations from the workplace or loved ones.
For those attending outpatient programmes, it might be better to go for one nearer home. For someone with family responsibilities, a centre close to home can help balance home life with treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Should I Select Outpatient Or Inpatient Treatment?
The difference between inpatient and outpatient facilities include the charges, duration of the programme and treatment involved including the structural and amenities the facility offers.
An inpatient centre is a rehabilitation centre that provides round-the-clock care from the personnel. Medical personnel are permanently present for inpatient services in hospitals, while medical services from experts are offered at intervals in the residential rehabs when the need arises. Both these types of inpatient centres call for a patient to reside at the centre itself.
Inpatient treatment is the most involved kind of treatment, empowering a patient to concentrate completely on his/her addiction and recovery with round-the-clock care. The patients are also able to concentrate on getting well as they are free from distractions.
A rehabilitation programme can cover group therapy, one-on-one therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and corresponding therapies like outdoor activities, meditation and animal-assisted therapy.
Inpatient rehab centres are always sought by people who suffer some co-occurring mental and health issues, multiple substance abuse and chronic addictions. For those who had tried to stop before and failed, whether inpatient or outpatient and those who have relapsed to using would do well at a residential rehab.
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
Outpatient offices permit patients to want treatment, cure and different services plus after that coming to their homes toward the finish of the treatment sessions. This set-up allows an individual to continue largely freely with his/her work, home or school life whilst receiving treatment. People with mild addiction, or at the onset of a substance abuse and those with home and work commitments they cannot get away from are best suited for this type of arrangement.
Outpatient programmes can differ. While some of them may offer an hour or two of treatment each day, others may include sessions that cover the entire day. Outpatient care is generally not as expensive as inpatient care since there are not as many facilities and staff offer direct care for fewer hours. Since patients can leave, patients don't need to pay for the day and night care. Numerous protection arrangements may cover a few or the greater part of the cost.
You can contact us on 0800 246 1509 to get more information on how the two addiction treatment programs vary. In the bid to choose the best addiction rehab program for you, you should send your enquiries to our rehab placement agents.
Will I Lose My Job For Going To Rehab?
You might be worried that you will lose your job if you go to rehab, but you might be more likely to lose your job if you continue on with your addiction and don't get help. It's possible that your boss has already picked up on your substance abuse problems. If you don't get help for your addiction, it might soon become obvious and the consequences of your drug use could cause your performance at work to suffer.
Utilising substances while at work is legitimate reason for end, yet there are a few federal regulations securing your entitlement to acquire treatment. You have a right to treatment and cannot be fires as a consequence for seeking treatment.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
You will be expected to take a break from your work for most of the inpatient programs Even so, there are a few alternatives that can facilitate this procedure. Some of these options are
- Employee Assistance Programmes Most employers offer an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) where the employee is provided free, confidential evaluations, some initial counselling and recommendations to rehab facilities.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Numerous bosses present to 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which permits you to take unpaid time off without influencing your health care coverage, keeping in mind the end goal to look for treatment for a therapeutic condition that meddles with your capacity to finish work associated tasks Addiction falls in this classification, so it could be valuable to comprehend what your organization offers.
- Leave With Pay One more option for taking time off from your work to receive assistance with drug abuse is just to use accrued personal/sick time or vacation to receive rehab assistance.
- Executive Rehab Centres In such an event that you have a lot of work obligations and are required to stay actively involved at your workplace, executive rehabilitation facilities may assist with maintaining a continuous involvement or presence at your work whilst receiving residential treatment in a luxurious environment that provides round-the-clock care.
- Outpatient Programs These are programmes especially for those unable to take time off to attend residential rehab or are looking for a cheaper alternative to executive rehab. Those battling with serious compulsion or backslide issues, in any case, would be very much served in scanning for private treatment alternatives that can offer more escalated 24-hour attention.
There are a lot of ways to get help despite job responsibilities and treatment will only benefit you, your job, your health, and your life in the long run.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury rehabilitations involve treatments at top notch rehab facilities and in a more comfortable environment. These are frequently situated in isolated spots, so a patient is given maximum privacy during his/her treatment. Innovative recovery therapies, gourmet meals from trained cooks, adventure therapies and a holistic treatment programme are offered in luxury rehab centres.
High state officials, big names plus other public figures regularly pick luxury rehabilitation for the elite pleasantries, confidentiality and the probability that they will be among their companions, yet anybody may go to these sorts of programs if the expenses can be secured through insurance, out-of-pocket instalments or a blend thereof.
How Can I Locate A Rehab Program?
When under pressure to look for a suitable rehab facility, it may seem like a daunting task, but, there is help available to see you through and answer your queries along the way. You can contact our rehab placement agents on 0800 246 1509 if you are confused about the appropriate rehab treatment for you or your relative.