NHS Or Private Rehab?
For most people give the first hand choice to the private residential rehab treatment centres. Within 24 hours, admission can usually be organised. You will be able to access private rehab treatment if you have the funds to pay privately or if you have private health insurance. There is as well a possibility that you get an NHS admission to a private rehabilitation centre.
Who Can Apply For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
Addiction therapy with the NHS funding at community based treatment or private residential rehab that is free at when delivered, should be an option for every UK resident. You may have to prove that you have explored local community-based treatment options first in order to qualify for NHS funding at a residential rehab clinic. Getting into rehabilitation like this may be little longer, depending of whether your local addiction team is willing to pay for your treatment.
Get referral to the nearest alcohol and drug action team from your GP.
Advantages And Disadvantages
- Relaxed treatment plan
- Fast admission - in some cases within a day;
- One-location rehab continuity of daily procedures and care;
- During and throughout the treatment, patients will usually have the same therapist/staff caring for them.
- Rehabilitation is in controlled environment free from influence of fears to allow the patient focus on recovery process.
- Healing occurs in persons with shared goals between professionals and patients in the program.
- Sometimes, facilities to make phone calls/receive letter, family visiting times and visiting accommodation are provided.
- Additional therapies are often provided like gym and fitness, art therapy, horse riding etc.;
- Programme of aftercare;
- Costs more than rehabilitation on the NHS;
- Not included in health insurance cover.
- No payment required;
- Anyone can access it;
- Near to family and home, placed in the local community;
- Lengthy admissions process;
- Won't not be referred to private recovery;
- Different treatments might be provided at various clinics/facilities;
- Therapy may be interrupted by life distractions and easily obtainable drugs and alcohol;
- Limited access to personal therapists during treatment program;
- Patients are not entitled to similar therapist/staff care during treatment program period;
- In order to build an outpatient support network it may be more challenging.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
NHS Alternative Cross Border Rehab
Securing admission into residential private rehab clinics in UK through NHS or local community addiction services could take months and the outcome is not definite. But it is easy related to above case to achieve quick access to finance through EU cross border healthcare directives.
Alcohol Rehab Salford website can provide additional information to UK residents that want to try this alternative.