Cutting Down Guidelines In Salford Visit Alcohol Rehab Salford
If you are having a drink regularly and your weekly consumption exceeds 14 units you should be considering some of the following steps, which will help you to reduce your consumption.
You must understand that 14 units are equal to 6 pints of average strength beer or 10 small glasses of wine with a low potency.
- Set a standard - Decide on the maximum level before deciding on taking a drink.
- Be money conscious - in purchasing alcohol, use a particular amount designated for it.
- Inform them - Your friends and relatives will assist you, but only when you inform them of your decision to reduce the volume of alcohol you consume.
- You should be taking this one day at a time - you can look forward to cutting back a little daily.
- Make each day a milestone with this approach.
- Reduce the size - You can reduce the rate at which you drink and still be happy.
- Instead of a large glass of wine, get a small one, or try bottled beer instead of a pint.
- Drink those with lower-strength - Go for the lower-strength (ABV in %) wines or beers, instead of the stronger ones.
- The details could be seen on the bottle.
- Remain hydrated - have a glass of water before you have a drink or consider alternating alcoholic drinks with a soft drink or water.
- Consider taking breaks - have several alcohol-free days every week.
Contact us through 0800 246 1509 if you need more counselling and advice on this.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
How Cutting Back Helps After Visiting Alcohol Rehab Salford
Cutting down will offer the following direct benefits
- A refreshing morning
- Having more energy
- Have healthier looking skin
- You will begin to feel fitter than before
- Gaining excessive weight may be halted
Cutting down will offer the following remote gains
Mood - Hangovers come with some level of anxiety and depression is highly connected to excessive consumption of alcohol. Abstaining from drinking alcohol would do a lot good for you because when you are depressed, drinking won't help.
Rest- Drinking impacts your sleep. Your ability to enjoy deep sleep could be disrupted, and your sleep pattern may be altered, though it may push you to sleep sooner than later. You'll likely feel more rested in the mornings if you don't take alcohol.
Behaviour - Your judgement maybe impaired as a result of drinking, leading to strange behaviours. When you consume alcohol you may become violent and unreasonable. Drinking can cause short term loss of memory while heavy drinking may impair memories in the long term too.
Heart - Cardiomegaly (enlarged heart) can develop due to high-risk alcohol consumption over an extended period of time. When you quit consuming alcohol, this problem can be prevented from becoming serious, otherwise, there is nothing that can be done to cure it.
Immune system - your immune system can also be affected if you have been drinking regularly. The danger of contacting infectious diseases is more on chronic alcoholics.